ahec Featured member
IT & BPM
Information Technology & Business / Project Management Professional : 10+ years of leadership, business / project management, information technology , and government/DoD background and experience; excellent relationship building and negotiation skills, organized, client oriented, and pro-active.
Nov. 2007 – Present: Sr. Systems Analyst / Project Manager, , Washington, DC. , U.S.A.
- Manage and plan information technology projects, application enhancements(using AGILE Project Management Methodology).
- Provide analysis for the design, development, and implementation of information technology products and systems.
- Develop business proposals, requirements, and specifications from which software is developed.
- Develop project plans and ensure that projects stay on schedule; delegate tasks to meet development, maintenance, and support needs
- Develop/present reports, presentations, and demonstrations to Program Directors and/or clients.
Nov. 2004 – Oct. 2007: Regional Operations and IT Projects Manager, IT & BPM Contract – NI , U.S. & Europe .
- Regional operations (people management, sales, order management, and special projects) related to Eastern Europe
- Identified business needs and developed/implemented short-term and long-term business strategies, plans, and projects
- Developed and implemented new business processes, best practices, and IT systems to create the basis for a growing and scalable centralized organization
- Introduced and implemented Oracle ERP system throughout the entire Eastern European Sales operations
- Liaised with U.S. Corporate, pan-European operations, and a global team of Business Analysts, Application Engineers, Sales Engineers, Customer Service Specialists, Finance Specialists, and Office Managers
March 2001 – Oct. 2004: Sr. Business Analyst & Software/System Developer - Team Lead, CSC, Washington , DC , U.S.A.
- Contributed to the development of Internet Technology based, large and complex, U.S. DHS - Department of Homeland Security , U.S. government project.
- Managed, lead, and developed the Reporting Module of the project with the help of a small team of Business Analysts, Configuration Managers, and Software Developers through the entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) with special focus on the requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Developed business requirements, specifications, prototypes, Unit Tests, Integration Tests, System Tests, User Acceptance Tests, project schedules and budgets.
- Conducted regular consultations with the customer and members of the government throughout the lifecycle of the project.
June 1996 – Feb. 2001:
May 1999 – Feb. 2001: Business Analyst & Software Developer – Team Lead , LOCKHEED MARTIN , Baltimore , MD . , U.S.A.
June 1996 – May 1999: Software Engineer & System Analyst , LOCKHEED MARTIN - Hughes , Colorado Springs, CO., U.S.A.
- Contributed to the business analysis, documentation, architecture, and software development of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), “de-confliction” component for U.S. Navy Gun Weapon System.
- Lead the requirements gathering and design phase of the project by coordinating the activities and process flow among the Business Analysis Team, Configuration Management Team, and Software Development Team.
- Developed software in C++ OOP (Object Oriented Programming), created and implemented project schedules and conducted regular consultations with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Participated in the entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), especially as a software developer, as part of a team of 15 to 20 developers throughout the design, development and implementation of Department of Defense (DoD ) project.
- Built object-oriented database for the U.S. Air Force Satellite Command and Control - Resource Management and Scheduling System using C++ OOP and UML.
Jan. 1994 – Dec. 1995: Software/Electrical Engineering Co-op , DIEBOLD INC. , Akron/Canton, OH . , U.S.A.
- Developed software for Bank security systems, surveillance, electronics, and ATM (Automated Teller Machine).
The University of Akron , Akron , Ohio ; Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
HONORS: Dean's Academic Achievement Award , The University of Akron.
Profile: Computer Science and Information Technology ; Graduation Date: May 1996, Overall GPA: 3.0
EIT ( Professional Engineer ) – May 1996
Various IT Development, Management, and Leadership courses and training – from 1997 to present
Member of IEEE ( The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ); Served in the U.S. Navy Reserve ; Other interests include: world cultures, travel, and outdoor sports and activities.